Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Spiral Effect


    Last week, the doctors decided Jude would definitely have a bronchoscopy and MRI. He will have to be put under anesthesia for the procedures and spend the night in the hospital for observation. We were suppose to hear from the doctor's office by Friday, but of course we did not.  I called and they told me to call back Monday.  Sometimes I wonder if they know the amount of anxiety they put on patients/parents when they tell them to wait an entire weekend to know the outcome or results???? The waiting game has been hard to deal with.  It seems some days are wonderful and other days are filled with the anxiety and wonder of Jude's future.
    Last night, my husband and I made plans to meet with our good friends.  They have an autistic son and I knew they would have some great insight...especially after I was feeling frustrated Friday.  After explaining Jude's story, she gave me a great piece of advice. Most things that are hard come to end.  This will not. You will have great days and even great months, but then you will come back down and have really bad days and months. It's like a spiral.  She was right! The testing, hospital stays, doctor visits, and all the other difficult situations that may arise throughout his life will try to pull me down...BUT the progress he makes will be amazing and that SMILE will keep me on the upside of the spiral! 

No comments:

Post a Comment